Treatment for TMJ Disorder in Upland
TMJ disorders can come with a range of uncomfortable, inconvenient, or even painful symptoms. That is why we are proud to provide patients with professional treatment for TMJ disorder in Upland for lasting symptom relief. Call us today to set up an appointment at Smile Studio to see if you have a TMJ disorder and are a candidate for treatment.
What Is a TMJ Disorder?
What Causes TMD?
- TMJ overuse
- Excessive force on the TMJ
- Jaw injury
- Teeth grinding (bruxism)
- Or stress.
The Types of TMJ Disorder Treatment We Provide
- TMJ Splint Therapy: TMJ splint therapy is a non-invasive treatment option for TMJ disorder. It involves wearing a splint or mouthguard that is designed to reposition the TMJ and help reduce pressure on the joint.
- Injections: Botox injections can help to relax the muscles of the TMJ and reduce muscle tension in the TMJ.
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy can be used to help strengthen your TMJ and jaw muscles, as well as improve joint mobility.
- Surgery: In rare cases, surgery may be necessary to address TMJ disorders that are more complex or severe.
Benefits of Treating TMD
- Improve your quality of life and overall comfort
- Reduce or eliminate TMJ-related pain and discomfort
- Improve TMJ mobility
- Reduce or eliminate TMJ clicking, popping, and grating sounds
- Increase your ability to chew and speak
- Improve TMJ alignment
- Reduce stress on the TMJ joint
Signs and Symptoms of TMD
- Pain or tenderness in the TMJ area
- Clicking, popping, or grating noises when opening or closing your mouth
- Difficulty opening or closing your mouth
- Jaw muscles that are tight, sore, or spasm
- Frequent headaches or facial pain
- Neck and shoulder pain
At Smile Studio, our highest priority is providing quality oral health care that provides lasting symptom relief. Our dentists and trained staff are excited to help you understand your symptoms and find a path toward overcoming any oral health concerns. Schedule your appointment for a visit to diagnose or treat a TMJ disorder in Upland to get started on finding symptom relief. We look forward to doing our part in providing you with a strategic treatment plan to help you overcome TMD.